Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Christmas project plus Lots....and LOTS of sculpting!

I took a little time last week to do a Christmas project called "A Carvalho Christmas Story" (referencing, of course, the movie "A Christmas Story") using myself as "Flick", my daughter Taylor as the "Major Award" box, daughter Bailey as "the Pink Nightmare" and my husband Ray as "Ralphie".   I hope it makes you laugh!


I've also spent the last week sculpting my little people. I've decided to call them "Legions" because I read somewhere that a Legion is about 6,000....and it sure feels like I've sculpted that many!!

I just took them out of the kiln about 5 minutes ago and I was so excited to find that nothing had exploded...a rare occurance!  I thought you might like to see them before I started painting them.  I'll also be painting the little pendants from a few posts back.  There are actually 25 of them even though I only photographed this box of about 17 or so.

Back to the studio!!  Merry Christmas to you all!

5 comments:

Janie Husband said...

oh my, these are just amazing.....beautiful....

Tammie Lee said...

oh my goodness, look at all these charming characters!

Micki Wilde said...

I Love to see your 'legions' like this so cool, make sure you take another group piccie when they are all painted up ;o)

Happy festive season x

HeARTworks said...

Very interesting! How exciting to see how it will turn out! A blessed Christmas to you and your family! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Daniele Valois said...

Wow, this family Christmas Story is awesome!!! and look at your little characters!!!